Monday, January 2, 2012

2

All about the recipes.

I ended up making some delicious black bean burgers today, courtesy of the Happy Herbivore. Just changed up a couple things.

Here's what you need:
1 can black beans
1/3 cup instant oats
1-2 teaspoon lawry's (or whatever spice your feeling)
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons catsup
1 healthy squirt Sriracha (I added that for a small kick)

Drain and mash the beans with a fork. Mix in your spices and wet stuff. Follow that up with your instant oats. Split this up into 3-4 parties. HH says to cook them in the oven at 400 degrees, but I just threw them on the skillet for about 8 minutes each side. They can get a bit crumbly, but they hold together pretty well on the bun.

I also sliced up a potato to fry for a side, and it tasted so good I didn't even need to season the fries.

Enjoy, and make sure to check out the Happy Herbivore.


No comments:

Post a Comment