Monday, January 9, 2012

9

A note on weight loss. Taking meat out of your diet will often times make you lose weight, especially if you are an overeater. The same can be said for taking milk and egg products from your diet.

When I first switched to a vegetarian lifestyle I lost 85 pounds in about 8 months. I let my diet get away from me with greasy cheesy foods and gained back 15 of that, but still after 13 months I had equalized at 215 down from 285 and from 38% to 24% body fat.

This last week I've started losing again, down to 23% body fat. Just a week I know, but it is easy to understand that taking out those calorie dense foods makes it harder to overindulge.

I've been eating more than I have in a long time, feeling full, but I'm not getting bogged down with all the bad stuff.

Tonight I was able to cross off something from my bucket list I've wanted to in a while. Spinning fire poi thanks to my roommate's girlfriend. I would recommend it to anyone, if just for the thrill of the sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment