Sunday, January 8, 2012

8

Had my first real challenge last night due to going out to eat. My buddies got burgers and I had some fries. That is pretty much the only food I have the chance for in a bar/restaurant. But the fries were good and so was the Sam Adams Winter Lager.

I decided to try a vegan pizza from Tofutti. I am kind of skeptical of cheese replacements. Any I have tried in the past have left me quite sad with no melty goodness. However, I have an open mind and decided to give it a shot. After leaving a third of it plain as a control and topped the rest with mushrooms, peppers, and some wilted spinach.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the faux cheese was melty and quite tasty. While not just like real cheese, I would be more than happy to use this in place of it, just like my feelings on boca and black bean burgers. Different but delicious.

Also, way to go Broncos.




No comments:

Post a Comment