Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3

A little thought I has this morning turned out to be delicious, even though at lunch my Grandma told me she had done a long time ago. I can never get my oatmeal to taste that good without adding a bunch of junk to it. However, today I decided to replace the water in the recipe with some blueberry pomegranate juice from my fridge.

I did a straight conversion from the water and cooked it the same length, but it turned out to be the best oatmeal I've ever had. No, I'm not being overdramatic, it was delicious.

If you've never been to the Ritual Cafe in downtown Des Moines, definitely go there right now. I have gone there since I moves back to DSM, but today I met up with Grandma for some lunch. It was the tasty vegan veggie sandwich for me, pretty much sautéd veggies and hummus on some ciabata bread.

After a good day of cleaning and keeping stuff that should have been thrown away at work, I made some simple stir fry with some peanut butter and Sriracha thrown in for good measure. I've got the stir fry down to about 15 minutes including prep.

That's about it...sorry, I still don't miss you cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment